Personal Information Collection Statement
The CAR INSPECT app and website www.CAR INSPECT.com (CAR INSPECT app and Website) is operated by One100 Technologies Pty Ltd (2017 / 356134 / 07) (CAR INSPECT).
This policy sets out how CAR INSPECT and third-party companies working with CAR INSPECT (LightStone Auto, MotoVantage, Vehicle Facts, DATA DOT, Bid4Cars, Cars4Cash) collect, use, disclose and manage your personal information.
CAR INSPECT Inspect and privacy
CAR INSPECT respects the importance of your privacy and is bound by the Protection of Personal Information Act, Act 4 of 2013 (Protection of personal information Act) and applicable privacy regulations. CAR INSPECT are committed to protecting your privacy when managing your personal information and have policies and procedures to ensure that personal information is handled in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act.
What personal information is collected?
Personal information collected by CAR INSPECT will depend upon the circumstances of collection and on the services that we are providing to you and may include:
- identification details, which may include name, birth date, gender, security questions and answers;
- contact information which may include email address and mobile phone number;
- user IDs and passwords;
- services provided to you;
- your public social profile information (e.g. name, profile picture) together with the email address you used to log into your social media account;
- business information, such as ABN and licence number;
- information submitted by you in relation to your use of the CAR INSPECT service;
- third party account details (for example when you sign in through a social network);
- if you participate in any surveys we, or a third-party service provider acting on our behalf, may conduct from time to time, personal information relating to your survey responses;
- if you are applying for employment with us, personal information that is relevant to such employment;
- records and content of communications with CAR INSPECT or any other person including records and content using Communications Services (as that term is defined in CAR INSPECT Terms and Conditions); and
- information obtained as a result of your use of our app or website or application such as geo-locations and unique device identifiers.
Please note that any records and content provided in hard copy format may be stored and scanned electronically by CAR INSPECT.
CAR INSPECT do not collect sensitive information, such as racial or ethnicity information, political opinions or associations, criminal records (save where provided by law enforcement authorities) or health information. However, subject to obtaining your prior consent, CAR INSPECT may collect sensitive information from you in the course of considering an application for employment.
How is personal information collected?
CAR INSPECT collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you when you provide information directly to CAR INSPECT, by phone or in writing (whether electronic or otherwise);
- from third parties, such as LightStone Auto, MotoVantage, Vehicle Facts, DATA DOT, Bid4Cars, Cars4Cash service providers and operators of third party websites, co-branded websites and applications (Linked Sites) and advertising served to the CAR INSPECT app or website by third parties or resellers of CAR INSPECT app or website services;
- from social networks where you consent to that network sharing information with us, or otherwise where you have been directed by you to send us information on your behalf;
- from third party data service providers and other entities where you have directed or otherwise consented to the collecting entity (or a service provider on its behalf) sending us the data;
How is personal information used?
Your personal information may be used for the following purposes:
- to maintain appropriate business records;
- to research, develop, improve services and by its outsourced service providers to provide and improve their services;
- to respond to an enquiry or provide our services, products or assistance that you request from us;
- to pre-populate / customise / provide shortcuts on our website and or mobile app;
- to conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction of services;
- to generate statistics;
- for the purposes of feedback, reviews and ratings;
- to promote and market special offers and other services to you (if you do not want to receive these, using the unsubscribe facility in a direct marketing communication sent to you);
- for staff training and quality assurance; and
- to aggregate personal information with our third-party partners for the purpose of personalising the advertising you receive from us and them.
How is personal information disclosed?
CAR INSPECT may disclose personal information to individuals and organisations other than CAR INSPECT including:
- the public if you use publicly available Communications Services;
- operators of Linked Sites;
- outsourced service providers who assist CAR INSPECT to provide its services including: (LightStone Auto, MotoVantage, Vehicle Facts, DATA DOT, Bid4Cars, Cars4Cash)
- information technology providers including carriers or networks;
- marketing and market research advisers and survey providers;
- professional advisers;
- insurance and finance providers
- data service providers, who may also disclose your personal information to our third-party partners for the purpose of personalising the advertising you receive from us and them; and
- payment providers;
- entities to whom you request we send your information;
- to assist government or regulatory authorities or police; and
- as we are required by law, for example pursuant to a subpoena or in accordance with unclaimed money legislation.
Deleting of personal information
CAR INSPECT will at anytime when requested by a user delete all information attaining by the entity or individual. This will be done if and when a user requests any personal information to be removed from the CAR INSPECT database in writing to the following firstname.lastname@example.org
About security and personal Information
CAR INSPECT take reasonable steps to protect personal information collected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modifications or disclosure. Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents, but is generally stored electronically on CAR INSPECT’s systems. When making any purchase from CAR INSPECT via the CAR INSPECT app, your financial details are passed through an FNB Speed-Point Mobile Card device.
CAR INSPECT, Linked Sites and personal information
When you visit the CAR INSPECT app or website, CAR INSPECT may record anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring URL, and other referral information, device information and location, carrier, site interactions such as your access to website features, pages accessed, content, searching activities, lead submission, and files accessed and downloaded, type of browser and operating system. Such information collected by CAR INSPECT may compile a complete profile about CAR INSPECT’s users’ browsing, purchasing and other activities. This data may be used to categorise a user and provide personalised offers, marketing and advertising. Activity data may be shared with advertisers for these purposes where the user is already a customer of the advertiser.
The CAR INSPECT may use third party advertising companies to collect data and/or serve ads when you visit the app or website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to websites and other media in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
CAR INSPECT also uses Google Analytics cookies to record visitor behaviour on the website. This information may be used together with other third-party cookies such as Google advertising cookies and other personal information you may have already provided to us (or we have received from a third party with your consent) in order to personalise the advertising. The Google Analytics Advertising Features used by CAR INSPECT are called Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. You can opt out of these by visiting Google Analytics’ site here. https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
This policy may change over time. All changes will be published on the CAR INSPECT website and the CAR INSPECT mobile app.